Saturday, January 5, 2013

True Friends

Sometimes along your path you may lose your way. You may get distracted with daily trivial things that derail you from what is truly important.  Sometimes you just get so caught up in the moment you forget that life does continue on even after you have been punched out and left crying on the floor by life.

Sometimes it takes a network or strong people around you to help pull yourself up by the bootstraps and dust yourself off and re-concentrate your energies and attention on what is truly important in life.  Sometimes it just takes a kind word from someone who has your best interest at heart to make you feel all better.

When we were little and we got a scraped knee or a skint elbow our Mothers or Fathers would clean us up and put a bandaid on it and kiss it to make feel all better. Sometimes as adults we need that as well.  Sometimes we just need a kiss on our boo boo to make us realize that wallowing in our self pity is pointless when there is a huge beautiful world out there waiting to be explored.

I am very blessed indeed to have such friends and family. Those who can tell by the tone of my voice or the words I choose to use or sometimes just a look as to what is burning behind my brown eyes.  What pain I may be in and what is the best way to distract me from it and help me refocus my energy.  For those people I am forever grateful. They get me through the hard times, they make my good times better, and they help me survive me (which at times can be my own worst enemy).

You need those kind of people in your life. If you cannot find those loving supportive people then you need to go out and meet some new ones.  Step outside your comfort zone and start up a conversation with a complete stranger in a check out line.  You need to surround yourself with people who don't just care about you but care for you when you are down or blue or even just puttering your way down a self destructive path.

People like those are the ones who will be your cheering squad when you really need to hear what an intelligent, articulate, and brilliant person you are. They don't butter you because they want something. They do it because they love you in the truest sense of the word.  They want only the best for you. They are those people who can vent to on a bad day, who will hold your hand while you are crying and who will never ever let you down.  They are true friends.

Many of us have friends and associates in our lives. People we share our space on this planet with, people who we pass day in day out at work, at home, and yes even at the mailbox.  But who are your true friends?  Who are the people who you could call at 2 in the morning and know without a trace of doubt they would come get your drunk butt and drive you home.

I have had many friends in my life. But I can honestly say I have only had a handful of true friends.  People who have seen into the darkest corners of my soul and never run away. Who have loved me for who I am what I am and what I am becoming. Those who have stood by my side and never flinched or run away during a crisis. Folks who have let me know I am loved.

They are the people who I rely upon more than any others in my life. They are the ones that no matter how busy they make the time to let me know I am important and that I matter. They are the ones who give me strength during hard times and show me that there will be a sunrise the next day.  I am very blessed and very thankful for those people.

I often tell people if you want the perfect mate, be the perfect mate. And if you want to have those kind of friends you have to be that kind of friend. Don't allow people to run over you or abuse you but allow them to see your true face. Let someone in to know who you really are. Your dreams, your nightmares, and even your pimples.  Don't hide away what you truly are because beauty comes in all forms and the most beautiful people are the ones who love themselves enough to walk away from destructive relationships and limit toxic people's access to their lives.

I hope this gives all who are reading my blog some food for thought. Who are your True Friends?  You will need them to stay focused on finding your true happiness.

Until Tomorrow, Stay safe, stay sane, and be happy.

One of my other passions is photography. I took a lot of photographs with an SLR camera when I was much younger. In the coming year I will purchasing my first DSLR camera and pursuing my photography, not for financial gains but simply because I enjoy it and it makes me happy.  Another step towards following my bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment