Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring is in the Air

Today I took a walk through the woods behind your house, and played with my new camera.  I saw many things before I had just viewed but never seen.  I noticed flowers beginning to peak their heads from the warming soil, reaching for the sun. I saw living creatures and how nature reclaims her own.  I saw moss and trees and seeds that held the promise of future generations.

As I walked amongst the woods I let the cool air refresh my soul and recharge my mental and emotional batteries.  I allowed the clean air to cleanse my lungs of the toxins we all breath every day completely unaware of in our day to day lives. I took a moment and just sat.  Listening as deer rustled near by leaves with their footfalls and the stream below me as it babbled and ran over the smooth stones.

I learn a lot from nature. From the animals I surround myself with and the wild animals I battle to keep my animals safe. I learn from the plants and how they strive to survive even amongst some of the worst conditions.  I learn that determination and perseverance is how nature survives.  I take a page from Mother Nature and learn that if I cannot go through it I must go around it.

Ever striving to create the world in which I choose rather than blindly following or accepting the world I am presented.  I learn that although an obstacle may stand in my path it is up to me if I limit my ability to grow and adapt.  I learn by watching and listening and allowing the beauty that surrounds us all to simply wash over me and cleanse my soul.

I am not a hippie, or at least I don't think I am. I am not a prepper, or at least I don't think I am.  I am not a naturalist, or at least I don't think I am. But I am me.  Undefined by mans words or molds. Unwilling to bend to the times that change or the society that says I must fit into this mold.  I am more than happy to accommodate others and to learn and change with world but I am unwilling to sacrifice myself in order to make the world at large happy or more comfortable.

I am a mother, and a grandmother and a wife. But those to me are words, titles I have earned during my journey but they do not define who I am.  I am a student and a rescue worker and a writer, once again titles I have earned but they do not define me.  I am a friend, an enemy to some and a gardener, but these words are only a small part of who I am.

I wear many hats and do many different things and each of these thing enrich my life and make it a life worth living.  I am not limited by my experience but the more knowledgeable for having had them.  I do  not allow my failures to prevent me from trying again and I do not rest upon my accomplishments I enjoy them and move forward with my journey.

I am documenting this journey I am taking into finding my bliss in hopes that it will inspire others to do the same. Their journey may not be identical to mine and I truly do not expect it will be. But I have hope that by reading my words and hearing my message I inspire others to find the things in their life that bring them true joy and embrace them. To not run away from something simply because it is not easy or because the battles you must face may appear to outweigh the good things that accomplishing them may bring wonderful things to your life.

Never fear change or run from a challenge.  I am an odd woman I thrive on a challenge.  If someone tells me I cannot do something that just sets something off inside me to try harder and find a way to make it happen.  I have always been this way for as far back as I can remember. I do not like confrontation but am more than willing to fight for the things I believe in or feel passionate about.  I do not feel that my age is a hindrance because with it comes the wisdom of a lifetime well lived.

My body is not that of a 20 year old but I still revel in the amazing things it can still accomplish.  I live each day with the awe and wonderment of a small child at times. Taking amazement in the simple things and just taking a moment out of my crazy life to watch what is going on around me.  Enjoying each buds as it becomes an amazing one of a kind flower, or watching a bumble bee glide from flower to flower collecting nectar, completely oblivious to the human standing over it.

I sometimes wonder if my happiness is largely in part to the fact that I do notice these small miracles and take joy in them.  That if finding my bliss isn't a journey I have recently undertaken but one that I have been on my entire life.  Many folks say that you should concentrate on the long term others say you should live in the moment. I say you should balance your life to include both. Look to the long term plan but at the same time never losing site of the important things that you will miss if you are so busy looking at the horizon that you forget to enjoy the view around you.  Never has anyone ever said I wish I had spent more time at the office on their death bed, normally it is I wish I had spent more time with my family, or I wish I painted something truly memorable, or something along those lines.

I may be an oddity within my own society.  I may not fit the mold set in place by others because I refuse to act my age or think a certain way. But to be honest I am far happier walking my own path and living the life I choose.  I may never be famous or find a cure for some dreaded disease but I know in my soul that I am living a life well spent.  I may never walk on the moon or change society as a whole but every person I influence that tries to take active steps towards living a healthier or happier life I have done something.

I write this to let you know it is ok if your biggest dream is to have a rose garden, or grow your own tomatoes, or just sit on a beach somewhere enjoying a good book. Its ok to dream small and not accomplish life changing goals. It is alright to take a little time for yourself to enjoy your favorite meal or that glass of homemade wine.  It is just fine to be exactly who you are in the skin you are in and to happy.  You don't have to change the world you only have to change yourself.

The world isn't going to end if you aren't the top in your field. Some are destined to be the best at something others are meant to be amongst those watching.  The world will  not stop spinning if you do not live in that million dollar mansion or drive the most expensive car on the road.  You family will not think less of you for living the life you choose to live. If they do remind them it is your life and no one has the right to judge another.  That you love them regardless and if they cannot do that for you then perhaps they need to figure out why your choices bother them so much.  Chances are they cannot come up with a just reason and are only trying to fit into that box that society has deemed is normal.  Who wants to be normal, that is just downright boring to me.

I enjoy my life and all that it brings with it. The good times and bad alike. The good times keep me motivated and the pain from the bad times helps me learn what isn't working in my life.  I try to keep in mind that sometimes people move in and out of lives and that them leaving isn't a reflection upon me but is a notification that my time and learning from them is done, at least for now.

I am not really sure what the blog today is about just random thoughts that passed through my mind while I was hiking in the woods with my cat and dog and chickens.  It is just things that I felt I needed to share with my readers and to let them know life is good regardless of where you are in it. Just starting out or coming to the end of your journey.  That as long as you do what makes you happy you are already so incredibly far ahead of the majority of people that all you can do is laugh and say well one day they too shall be here.

I hope my words today have inspired or at least made you think.  I hope that you find something either in them or from them and that it moves you to take that first baby step towards finding your own bliss no matter what path that may lead you down.  That you remember that life isn't always about the end result sometimes it is simply about the journey and the many things you learn about yourself along the way.  That you allow your own personal nature to guide you and help you discover what truly makes you happy and what doesn't work in your own life and that you always remember that you are a one of kind masterpiece that only needs an artistic signature to complete it.

Until Next time blog buddies, stay safe, stay sane, and be happy.

Remember that a seed is a promise of tomorrow and we all have that seed of imagination buried deep within us.  I can weather the storms that life brings as long as we protect it and remember to plant it when warmer weather returns. But if we only lock it away and keep it safe it will never become the plant that it was destined to be.
I found this during my nature walk today and it reminded me that nature in all her amazing glory provides each of us with the basic necessities we need to become what we were born to be, but that it is up to us to utilize those gifts in order to live the life we were destined to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment